Author Topic: Bupenorphine (Suboxone Or Subutex)  (Read 5559 times)

kevpa

Re: Bupenorphine (Suboxone Or Subutex)
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2013, 03:38:24 PM »
we would never call another member stupid.

kevpa is one of our close friends whom helps to guard our family forum here.

please do not take offense.  we protect each other here, the best that we can. k?

thank's river. I did say that if I was wrong then I apologize. Again we all have to look after each other here the best we can and call someone out if a post seems "strange" esp. from newer members. Please take no offense and please keep contributing to our community.
just my .02

tryptamind

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »
Me personally I prefer the sublingual films as opposed to the tabs (both generic suboxone and subutex) even though the strips are a little more expensive through my provider. Seems to work better for me.

sherrer

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2014, 02:46:41 AM »
hello can somebody pm or mail me a temgesic/subutex (buprenorphine) or any generic brand vendor 's name ('s) ?
would be very much appreciated.. as long it is not aga forum rules,which i have read...and found nothing to
the contrary
as a newbie i feel so vulnerable
thx

Chupacobra

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2014, 01:56:22 PM »
I would be interested in this as well if someone would be ok with pming me, if not i will keep reseaching.

CeddyCed999

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 10:26:57 PM »
I think @rthur in the email section, if im not mistaken, carries subutex. Not the cheapest around but just from my  own experience bup isnt exactly as readily available as it would be in a perfect world

sherrer

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2014, 06:22:31 PM »
not much going on here...
does anybody has any news about any good
bupe sources ?
PM me or post here pls !

its getting  more and more diff to get ...

LOVE'N'PEACE

asmz333

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2014, 09:48:13 PM »
Unfortunately Suboxone is going to be a difficult one to get (it is mostly all the sub-lingual strips now, at least they are pushing for that), as doctors are becoming increasingly wary of the problem of "diversion." It's a shame they (the gov., at least in the U.S.) require you to come monthly to pick up a prescription, as often the visit is more expensive than the medication for those without insurance (not to mention inconvenient). I haven't seen anything, beyond what has been mentioned, as far as IOP source, but I will post if I do.

Also yes, the 4mg and 12mg often require a special order from the pharmacy (though the 8mg are almost always in stock),

(Chupacobra, shoot me a pm if you can, thanks).

onetime1010

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2014, 12:13:16 AM »
I have been on suboxone for 5 years now. If anyone needs any information on suboxone strips, tabs, subutex tabs or anything related to any of the forms of this medicine I will gladly answer any questions. I can say this for anyone thinking of getting on suboxone for anything less than heroin d/t I would strongly advise against it. Getting on suboxone was the worst mistake I have ever made in my life and I have been fighting to get off it for years. I have been through d/t's with many opiates and been able to come off of them. I have yet been able to kick my suboxone addiction.
If you wanna hang out, you've gotta take her out...:)

Milo

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2014, 03:26:05 PM »
wow, was reading through this post(I know it started a year ago but i'm new). Had no idea subs were sooo expensive. I am prescribed them here in the U.K. 8mg daily which because of the country I am in I get for free. I would of thought giving the benefits of such a drug that it would be made a lot cheaper, 10-15 bucks for a tab is extortionate, I know this is a who's got it thread but out of curiosity what do addicts in the U.S. do if they cannot afford their meds?

On a side note, I know here in Scotland GP's do not have the authority to write a sub script even though they can with methadone?? which is another reason it might be so hard to purchase via IOP's. to onetime1010, sorry to hear your probs with suboxone, personally they have saved my life and i find a very slow taper(very very slow) is very effective and I hope to stop needing them within the next 12 months :)
I have the right to choose what I Want to see and read

boogaloo

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2014, 03:49:47 PM »
Hello, I thought that I should mention that I live in Scotland and I have been on Subutex (8mg per day) for the past 3 years and I have had prescriptions for it from about half a dozen different doctors, just regular GP's. Recently, I pick up a weekly script, it used to be monthly but I had a bit of trouble with that, running out too early etc. Horrific. Weekly helps me stay in control.
So, in a nutshell, any doctor can write a Subutex prescription if they want to. It is different in the US, where doctors that write Subutex or Suboxone scripts need to be specially registered for it (so they can charge an arm and a leg every month to prescribe it)

themilkman

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2014, 05:26:52 PM »
I have been on subs for 7 years, was one of the first in my state. I started on 24mg went down to 12mg the first year.these last several years I have not been able to taper to less then 4mg a day.  I just lost my insurance and don't know what to do. All my backups are almost gone. Any help, advice, source would be appreciated. It sucks being under 50 post.

MorganBC

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2014, 06:29:18 PM »
I have been on subs for 7 years, was one of the first in my state. I started on 24mg went down to 12mg the first year.these last several years I have not been able to taper to less then 4mg a day.  I just lost my insurance and don't know what to do. All my backups are almost gone. Any help, advice, source would be appreciated. It sucks being under 50 post.

50 post will not open magic doors for you, majority of the vendors are in open forum to research what you need, It is intended to get to know you & you get to know other members, and you can PM. Restricted area was not all that different. I hope you can find what you need, and I'm sorry you lost your insurance, have you signed up or checked out the  Federal Market Place (I assume you are in the US) and try to get back on some sort of insurance.  Wish I could help more, but this insurance fiasco will be the detriment to all of us. Just my opinion!   Good luck to you!!!
MorganBC

Patience is bitter but the fruit is sweet``JJR

themilkman

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2014, 02:41:37 AM »
MorganBC I hear what your saying for sure,  the insurance thing was kinda sudden and I am looking into my states program, however am past the due date?  I don't know its messed up.  A lot of bureaucracy to deal with.  My advice for anyone looking to get off hard opiates would be to do a suboxone, subutex, bupe ,whatever treatment that is no longer then a year, by then you should be tapered off.  The longer your on it the harder it seems to get off.  At this point I am just looking for buprenorphine with or without the nalaxone.

onetime1010

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »
Milkman I understand what your going through. Trust me I have had the same problems over the years fortunately I have really good insurance and my subs don't cost me a penny for the visit or the script. The problem is I have come across very few vendors that offer bup. I wish I you had 50 post so I could pm you and help you out. Hey I tell you what I'm gonna do alittle research for you and you do the same but you need to look at the sy guys bc I think I remember one of them offering bup not sure if it was with or without naloxone but I'm almost positive one of them offers it. Look up my profile and send an email to the address I have listed and we can go from there boss. I know exactly what you are going through and I hate to see anyone dt'n from subs it's the worst. I have been 30 days without them before and not been able to kick it. So do some research on the sy's and then email me. I have an appt today I only take 2 mg's a day but I am prescribed much more so hmu on my email I can will try to help find you a vendor I don't usually go this for out my way but hate to see anyone struggle against the hellish compromise for opiates
If you wanna hang out, you've gotta take her out...:)

themilkman

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2014, 04:35:38 PM »
Onetime1010  I always appreciate advice from anyone who has been or are in similar shoes.  Suboxone is a crazy drug as far as detoxing, and taper progress is so slow. It seems you have a lot of knowledge on the subject, and thanks for taking the time to share it. I will most definitely look into the avenues you have suggested.